Note this is a recommendation only, please call us to confirm your individual needs on Tel:01883 212010
Travel Vaccinations for ASIA PACIFIC
jabs travel clinic’s recommend you may want toconsider taking the following vaccinations for Asia Pacific: –
- Typhoid (required every 3 years).
- Hepatitis A (2 required for 25 year protection, ideally 6-12months apart but can be up to 5 years).
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio (in general every 10 years, checkif you had one at school between 13-18 known as the school leavers jab).
- Rabies (3 doses over a month day 1,7 21-28) transmitted bythe bite of mammals, this is dependent on itinerary but is becoming moreimportant as there is a worldwide shortage of the treatment if un vaccinated.
- Japanese encephalitis (2 doses over a month 28 days apart approximately.) this is for rural travel, it is transmitted by mosquitoes with the host being pigs and wading birds.
- Hepatitis B (3 injections over either 3 weeks, 3 months or 6 months) spread through bodily fluids, life time infection.