Note this is a recommendation only, please call us to confirm your individual needs on Tel: 01883 212010
Travel Vaccinations for SOUTH AMERICA
Jabs travel clinic’s recommend you may want to consider taking the following vaccinations for South America: –
- Typhoid (this vaccine is required every 3 years).
- Hepatitis A (2 injections are required for a 25 year protection, ideally 6-12 months apart but can be up to 5 years).
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio (in general every 10 years, check if you had one at school between 13-18 known as the school leavers jab).
- Rabies (3 doses over a month on days 1, 7 and then between days 21 and 28).
- Yellow Fever (required every 10 years, certificate is required for entry to some countries).
- Cholera (2 oral doses, which protects you for 2 years).Hepatitis B (3 injections over 3 weeks, 3 months or 6 months).